Join us Under the Sea for Family Players of NENY‘s 30th Anniversary Summer Show, the full stage production of Disney’s THE LITTLE MERMAID, directed by DeLynn Scaringe-Wickham with music direction by Brad Gregg! Roles are available for actors and actresses of all ages (from 5 to 95).
Performances will be July 12-16 at the Schenectady Light Opera Company‘s theater at 427 Franklin Street in Schenectady.
AUDITIONS will be held Monday, April 10 and Wednesday, April 12 from 6:30-9 pm in the forum of Sand Creek Middle School (329 Sand Creek Road, Albany, NY). Sign-in will begin at 6 pm and you’ll be seen as you come in.
– Children ages 5-12 will be considered for ensemble roles and the chorus. Children with no previous audition experience should come prepared to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or a similar children’s song.
– Teens and adults ages 13 and older will be considered for all other roles and should come prepared with 16-32 measures of a Broadway song or song from The Little Mermaid.
Please bring sheet music in the appropriate key with measures marked. An accompanist will be provided. Additionally, you may be asked to read from the script. There will be
no dance audition.
– Children under the age of 18 must have a parent sign off on the audition form BEFORE the child auditions.
– Please bring your calendar to auditions and plan to list any and all conflicts April 24 to July 16.
– Please bring a small photo (4 x 6 or smaller) of yourself or a headshot labeled with your first and last name to leave with the casting committee. It does not need to be professionally taken.
** See the attached Character Breakdown and Synopsis sheets for more
This is a collaborative, community effort, so a $50 participation fee is required, plus cast members are asked to bring in $50 in ads for the playbill. We’ll show you how ? it?s easy and being part of a Family Players show is definitely a fun, worthwhile experience!
Most REHEARSALS will be M, T and TH 7-10 pm until the end of June at Sand Creek Middle School. You will not be scheduled for every rehearsal for the entire time. Children will be dismissed by 9 pm at the latest.
MANDATORY DRESS REHEARSALS will be July 5-11. No conflicts or absences will be permitted on these dates. There will be no rehearsals on June 30-July 4.
We hope you’ll join us at auditions for this 30th Anniversary celebration, as Family Players honors our history of providing intergenerational, family entertainment in a quality, fun-filled way! Please contact Director DeLynn Scaringe-Wickham with any questions at