House Manager Per Diem
House Managers at Capital Repertory Theatre are per diem employees assigned by the Operations Manager to all productions and events.
The House Manager will provide a professional demeanor and image for all front of house operations and will ensure the safety and comfort of all patrons at Capital Repertory Theatre.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Maintaining and directing safe passage and conduct of patrons, cast, crew and volunteers during the entire time that the audience is on the premises of the theatre and in the case of an emergency
* Following house manager procedures for all performances and events
* Enforcing all Capital Repertory Theatre policies
* Supervising and managing all volunteers and volunteer operations during shift
* Ensuring compliance with all fire codes and ADA regulations
* Keeping the theatre clean, orderly, safe and properly prepared before and during each performance
* Communicating effectively with Stage Manager to ensure timely curtains and intermissions
* Monitoring and reporting information about performance using House Management report
* Keeping reliable accounts of cash & monies for all front of house operations
* Securing all properties, goods, and money belonging to Capital Repertory Theatre
* Resolving patron issues coordinating between patron and box office if necessary
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must be able to be diplomatic and to take into consideration diverse populations who visit the theatre as well as limitations of those that volunteer
* Excellent skills in managing several responsibilities at once in a high paced environment
* Experience in customer service
* Must have availability to work non traditional hours including evening and weekends
The House Management position is per diem starting at $10.00 per hour. The per diem House Manager is scheduled as needed and is not guaranteed any amount of hours per week or per show.
Capital Repertory Theatre
111 N Pearl St.