Capital Repertory Theatre 2017-2018 Season
TYA Equity Principal Auditions for Shakespeare: The Remix and Alice In Wonderland
Producing Artistic Director: Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill
Chief Administrative Officer: Philip Morris
TYA Minimum Salary $499.75/week
Monday, August 28, 2017 at Capital Repertory Theatre
10 am – 6 pm 111 North Pearl Street
Lunch from 1-2 pm Albany, NY 12207
Prepare two one-minute contrasting monologues of your choice. Please bring picture and resume, stapled together.
1) Men auditioning should make one of the monologues Shakespearean.
2) Women auditioning should make one of the monologues a short rap.
3) Those auditioning for all roles (save Alice) in Alice In Wonderland, should be Actor/Musicians, and should come prepared to play and sing a song of their choosing on an instrument of their choosing (guitar, ukulele, mandolin, fiddle, flute, etc. Not piano.)
SHAKESPEARE: THE REMIX
By Aaron Jeffries & Gihieh Lee
Directed by Margaret E. Hall
A battle of wills puts a savvy, tough urban teen in a head-to-head confrontation with the Bard that illuminates the plots of Hamlet, Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night’s Dream through comparisons of hip-hop poetry and Shakespeare’s verse.
First Rehearsal: October 5, 2017
First Performance: October 23, 2017
Closing Performance: November 17, 2017
Seeking 2 versatile, physically agile, quick study actors:
(1) Female – Early to late 20’s. Able to play the youthful, strong-willed African American slam poet in Shakespeare: The Remix. Must have experience with Shakespeare and be able to rap.
(1) Male – Late 20’s to early 40’s. Verbally skilled; experience with Shakespeare and the ability to rap a must in order to play William Shakespeare. Actors with experience in Shakespearean roles preferred.
ALICE IN WONDERLAND
By Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill & Margaret E. Hall
Directed by Margaret E. Hall
Five actors take the stage in this delightfully diverse adaptation if Lewis Carroll’s classic novel. Found objects, puppetry, and a variety of other stage magic transports Alice to a mystical land of wonder where she must make sense of a world that only – ever so slightly – resembles her own. The company members don multiple characters to help Alice work her way through Wonderland and back home.
First Rehearsal: February 15, 2018
First Performance: March 5, 2018
Closing Performance: March 29, 2018
Seeking 5 diverse, versatile, physically agile, quick study actors:
(1) Female – Early to late 20’s. Verbally skilled. Able to play the youthful, curious and strong-willed Alice.
(2) Female Actor/Musician – Late 20’s to 30’s. Verbally skilled and able to rap. Puppetry skills preferred. Will play characters such as: The Queen, The White Rabbit, The Caterpillar, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, etc.
(2) Male Actor/Musician – Late 20’s to 30’s. Verbally skilled and able to rap. Puppetry skills preferred. Will play characters such as: The Mad Hatter, The Cheshire Cat, The Caterpillar, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, etc.
For more than a decade, Capital Repertory Theatre’s TYA On-The Go! in-School touring productions have been presented in a variety of schools and environments throughout the Capital Region to very diverse audiences. Actors should enjoy performing for and interacting with young audiences (middle and high school students). There are post-show discussions after every performance (time permitting). Actors must also be collegial and adaptive. There are no overnight stays on the tour. The TYA work week is Monday – Saturday.
Non-Equity Actors welcome. Walk-in’s welcome. Actors may schedule an appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org