SHE LOVES ME
NON-UNION OPEN ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS
TUESDAY, OCT 3, 2017, 3PM-7PM
(AT CAPITAL REPERTORY THEATRE, 111 N. PEARL ST., ALBANY, NY 12207)
PRODUCER: CAPITAL REPERTORY THEATRE, 111 N. Pearl St., Albany, NY 12207
MUSICAL: SHE LOVES ME, Book by Joe Masteroff, Music by Jerry Bock, Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
DIRECTOR: Maggie Mancinelli-Cahill, CHOREOGRAPHER: Freddy Ramirez, MUSIC DIR: Josh Smith
STARTS REHEARSALS: Oct. 31, Rehearsals Tues-Sundays
RUN: Previews: Nov. 24-26, Press Opening: Nov. 28, Run continues through Dec. 24 (mat)
TU-TH 7:30, FRI/SAT 8PM, SAT 3PM, SUN 2PM, STUDENT MAT: 10:30AM –Nov. 30, Dec. 8 & 14
WED MAT: Dec. 6
SHE LOVES ME is the charming story of two feuding store clerks, who find comfort in their secret lonely hearts pen pals. Little do they know, they are actually writing to each other. A tangle of mistaken identity and funny encounters bring the two soulmates together with the wonderful songs of Bock and Harnick (FIDDLER ON THE ROOF). This confection of a musical is based on the short story that has served as inspiration for classic movies, The Shop Around the Corner, In the Good Ol’ Summertime and the Meg Ryan-Tom Hanks hit, You Got Mail.
(1) ARPAD (18-mid 20s) – the eager and energetic shop delivery boy. Charming, lovable and funny with a great can-do attitude. Tenor. Must be able to ride a bike.
(1) Busboy/SINGING ENSEMBLE – 20-30s – A bumbling busboy who makes too much noise in a restaurant for secret rendezvous, must be adept at physical comedy, physically flexible and fun. Also sings in the ensemble – Tenor or Baritone with experience in choral singing (harmony).
(1) SINGING/DANCING ENSEMBLE – 20s-40s – Singer/dancer with experience in choral work and harmony. Plays customers, carolers, restaurant patrons. Dances the featured tango number – must move well, experience in modern or partner dance very helpful.
(1) 30s – SINGER/ENSEMBLE – Character singer/actress, versatile, has to move well, plays funny customers and carolers, sings in several numbers and dances in the featured tango number. Modern dance or partner dancing helpful. Soprano or alto with experience in choral work and harmony.
(1) 40s – SINGER/ENSEMBLE – Character singer/actress to play the sophisticated customers, carolers and restaurant patron who dance in the featured tango number. Must sing very well – soprano or alto. Experience with choral work and harmony.
(1) 20s – SINGER/ENSEMBLE – Versatile singer/actress to play customers, restaurant patron (disguised as a man), dances in featured tango number. Soprano or alto.
TO AUDITION: EMAIL FOR APPOINTMENT: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare short (no more than 1 minute) comic monologue and 16 bars of a song that shows off your range. Bring sheet music in the key you need. An accompanist will be provided but may not transpose.
Bring headshot and resume stapled together.
Please plan to be at a dance audition from 6:00-7:00PM. Wear character shoes. Choreographer will teach a short tango dance.
Nonunion actors are provided with a weekly meal/travel allotment. Actors must be free after 3PM Tues-Fri – and on both days of the weekend. Mondays are the day off during rehearsal and run. Thanksgiving is off. Show closes after the matinee on Dec. 24.
Capital Rep is committed to diversity and engages in a policy of equal employment opportunity to promote a positive model of inclusion. Capital Rep encourages performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages to attend auditions.