TITLE: Teaching Artists for theatre, musical theatre, dance, film and television
The Adeline Graham Theatrical Training and Innovation Center at Proctors
DEPARTMENT: School of the Performing Arts at Proctors
REPORTS TO: Youth Programs Director
Currently, we have a number of positions available in our newly expanded Education Department. With the anticipated opening of the Adeline Graham Theatrical Training and Innovation Center at Proctors, we are looking to fill the positions listed below. You can access the entire job description by clicking the links to our Career Center.
Acting Academy Instructor
Proctors is the Capital District?s leading regional arts organization with performing arts venues in Albany, Schenectady and Saratoga, and education, civic engagement and economic development initiatives throughout the region. The School of the Performing Arts is the education wing of the organization, offering a robust series of training programs, classes and engagement programs in each venue, in schools and throughout the community.
In January, 2018, Proctors will unveil a 12,000-square foot training center, where the next generation of stars, on and off stage will gain the hands-on experience needed to succeed in dozens of career paths in the creative fields. Many of Proctors excellent training programs will be hosted there and new programs will be offered toward this mission in the coming years.
– Part-time position.
– Seeking theatre artists and film makers with teaching experience in all areas of theatre, musical theatre, dance, film making and television; commercials & voice overs.
– The school will operate classes 6 days a week.
– Semesters will run 8 to 10 weeks.
– Techers may be contracted to teach from 1 to multiple classes each week of a semester.
– Teaching requirements may include multiple classes and/or levels on each day.
– Classes will be mid-morning (adults), after school, evenings and weekends with additional workshops and seminars throughout each semester.
– Each semester will end with a class showcase, and an overall school showcase.
– Classes will be year-round.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & AVALBILITY:
– Minimum 2 year’s experience teaching in your area of performance expertise, film making or television.
– Performance experience helpful, but not required.
– Ability to work with students with a wide range of ages and skill levels.
– Classes will be scheduled throughout the weekday and weekends.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.
RATE: Hourly pay rate of $35-40 based on experience.
BENEFITS: Part-time position, no health benefits. No housing provided for out of town artist. No travel stipend or reimbursement.
DEADLINE: October 6, 2017
START DATE: January 2018
Submit resume, a cover letter noting your previous experience with age range of students, a short description of classes you see yourself teaching, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Proctors is an equal opportunity employer.